Employer: Mr. Black Entertainment Ltd dba Kurosan Restaurant
Positions available: 1
Employment type: full time, permanent
Job Location: Unit 2790, 4151 Hazelbridge Way, Richmond BC V6X4J7
Salary: C$25.5/hour, 40 hours per week
Start date of employment: as soon as possible
Contact phone no.: 604-783-8565
Qualifications and skills:
· Completion of secondary education.
· Minimum of 3-year commercial Japanese cuisine cooking experience
· Ability to make authentic Japanese dishes such as wagyu beef katsu, wagyu beef teriyaki katsu, katsu sando, tempura and sushi.
· Ability to supervise kitchen staffs with advanced cooking skills.
· Commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
· Willingness to be flexible with working hours.
· Monthly adjust food menu with feedback.
· Improve current menu by creating new recipes and introduce new style authentic Japanese dishes.
· Determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
· Prepare food and cook dishes, present high-quality food, handle rush hour orders
· Organize daily preparation schedule
· Ensure all food preparation meets standards
· Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
· Assist in supervising junior cook to make new dishes.
· Supervise kitchen helpers in preparation and handling of food; schedule kitchen helpers.
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas, clean kitchen and work areas when necessary.
· Recommend to manager on purchase, order supplies and equipment.
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
· No criminal record.
· Work extra hours when necessary.
· 10 day paid annual leave or 4% gross salary.